Your teeth would be your prized possession. It would be in your best interest to take good care of your teeth. However, it would be pertinent to mention here that you should start taking oral hygiene seriously right from the childhood. It may not be wrong to state that teeth problems could occur any time and at any age. Nonetheless, children are more likely to encounter teeth troubles, as they may not understand the need for dental care. Therefore, the onus lies on the parents to take care of their children’s teeth. They would be required to find the best paediatric dentist near them.
Who is a paediatric dentist?
A paediatric dentist would be the one who would take care of the children’s teeth from their infancy to their teens. After they complete their teenage, they could switch on to regular dentist. Any person after being a licensed dentist could choose to specialize in paediatric dentistry. They would be required to complete four years of dental school and two additional years of residency training in dentistry for infants to teens having specific needs. The best children’s dentistry information can be found here.
Treatments offered by paediatric dentist
The paediatric dentist would offer you several treatments. Some of them have been listed below.
- Oral health examination for infants
- Repairing tooth cavities or defects
- Counselling for habits (pacifier use or thumb sucking)
- Early assessment or treatment for teeth straightening or improper biting correction
- Providing prevention dental care ( teeth cleaning, fluoride treatment, diet and nutrient information)
Finding the right paediatric dental clinic
When it comes to finding the right paediatric dental clinic, you should be rest assured to be spoilt for options. You may come across a wide variety of options near you. However, you should choose the one that would be suitable to your specific needs in the best manner possible. When you look forward to finding a suitable paediatric dental clinic, you should consider these important aspects.
- The dentist should be member of dental association of the state and the region.
- Choose a dentist who would make dental check up and treatment for your child a comfortable experience.
- Schedule a consultation with the dentist prior to making an appointment for your child.
- Ensure the waiting room and examination room are child friendly.
- The dentist and the staff should be interactive and courteous.
These aspects would help you find the right paediatric dental clinic near you.