Did you know that there are thousands of people in our communities who are living with the embarrassment of missing or badly damaged teeth? Even though we understand much better these days that dental health is very important, the fact is that many people still suffer in silence when it comes to the health of their teeth.
A Real Social Issue
Missing or badly damaged teeth can certainly make people feel embarrassed. They may feel as if they cannot smile or show their teeth in public and it may even cause them some level of stress and anxiety. In the worst cases, it can even lead to depression and a distinct lack of self-confidence. The good news is that professionally installed dental implants in Parramatta can restore a damaged smile and make a person feel whole again.
We might assume that a person with missing teeth has not maintained his or her oral health but the fact is that there are numerous reasons why a person might have missing or badly damaged teeth, including:
- Impacts during sports
- An impact injury at any age
- Loss of teeth due to decay
- Damaged or lost teeth due to hormones, especially during pregnancy
- Loss of teeth or bone density due to illness or strong medications
One of the biggest challenges is that missing teeth not only cause potential social embarrassment and feelings of shame but they can also cause other dental and physical health issues. Other teeth may move in the jaw and crowd into the space left by missing teeth. When teeth are missing, it can also cause the cheeks to sag and pinch inwards, resulting in speech changes and a change in appearance.
Why Should You Get Dental Implants?
There are several ways to replace missing teeth but dental implants remain one of the best. Here are some of the benefits that such a procedure offers:
- Natural Look: What is great about dental implants is that they are made of a material that can be coloured to look just the same as natural teeth. The dental technician will match them as closely as possible to existing teeth so that no one else will be able to tell the difference!
- Strong and Durable: The material that implants are made of is strong, but the way that the dental implants are installed also makes them very strong and durable too. A titanium screw is locked into the bone of the jaw and the tooth is then placed on top of it. This creates a firm and tight bond between the implant and the bone of the jaw, making it strong and durable over many years.
If you have badly damaged or missing teeth, there is no need to suffer in silence any longer. Dental implants can give you back your looks and your confidence.