Many people still think that they have to wear metal braces for several years to adjust their bite or make your teeth look aligned. The truth is that you can now find many new and highly efficient treatment options to achieve the desired results. Invisalign braces can help you get quick results and they are barely visible. It means they are extremely comfortable to wear. Interestingly, you can remove them on your for short periods to give your mouth some relief. It is due to the ease of use and effectiveness of the system that more and more people are now turning toward it. Here are few things you may want to know about the Invisalign system:
- The first thing you need to know is that the Invisalign method is not a new concept. In fact, you will be surprised to know that the original concept was introduced in the 1940s. The method used a series of dental impressions to identify the best position of the teeth. The new technology uses the same concept but in a much more advanced way. Just by taking a set of impressions and a few photographs of your teeth, the dentist can help create the custom-made aligners that work flawlessly.
- Those who may not be that familiar with the technology should know that Invisalign braces are designed using computer-aided processes. The dentist receives those aligners and fixes them periodically during regular check-up appointments. They usually dispense those aligners in about 4-6 weeks, which allows for proper management of everything. It is important to wear each aligner following a specific order for about a couple of weeks.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, which is a big advantage, but you need to bear in mind that you can take them off for a short period only. In fact, you should be wearing those aligners for no less than 20 hours a day.
There certainly are a number of good reasons why you may want to opt for Invisalign braces, but you should work with your dentist to know if you are a good candidate for it. Here are some situations when Invisalign aligners may help you:
- It may suit you when you have overly crowded Not having enough room in the jaw is an issue that can be resolved with Invisalign systems.
- It may be a good choice when you have widely spaced teeth or have up to 5mm space between your teeth.
- You may benefit from this technology if you have your upper teeth land over the lower teeth.
- You may be a good candidate for Invisalign if your lower and upper jaws are misaligned.
- You may opt for it when you have certain bite irregularities.
The fact of the matter is that the Invisalign system works efficiently to resolve many dental issues, but you need to know that it requires proper maintenance. For instance, you should not keep it removed for very long. You should also avoid drinking beverages that may stain the plastic. Nevertheless, the system still works much better than the conventional braces and is, therefore, winning some serious appreciation.